Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cheyenne Trip

My trip was pretty cool. Yes there were ups and downs but I got through it. First of all before I get ahead of myself let me tell you about last week. Last week was one of the best week I have had in a long time. I had a group of boys.

The boys were energetic, funny, going, and wanted to do all the fun things! We had a blast this week from canoeing, caving, fishing(seeing a snake that I think was dead), camping out, having a mild heart attack, getting thrown into the pool about 5 times, doing evening program, and other crazy things.

To explain the heart attack: We were camping out and a boy decided to walk back to the cabin by himself. Didn't notice he was gone until another counselor brought him back. That is when I had the heart attack. And then later on when I thought he left again by himself but he was only outside the tee-pee.

Also getting thrown in the pool is pretty natural around here. Especially with the staff around. Campers love to "push" us counselors in. We also like to push other counselor/staff in.

Cheyenne, WY Trip:
We left Sunday the 19 of July. We stopped in Lincoln, NE to eat at King Kong's and the campers loved eating there! They loved seeing minature King Kong's.I will also say, it was good to be back in my HOME state!! Then we went to Grand Island and spent the night. The next day we went to my parent's house to eat lunch. My mom was great! She made roast, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, salad, homemade ice-cream, brownies and drinks (Tea & Lemonade). My dad was really great too. They opened our house to the campers. The campers couldn't stop talking about eating at my parent's house.

Then after we ate we went to Cheyenne, WY for Frontier Days. That night we went to the PBR and ate at the fair. The next day, Tuesday, we went to the parade, went to the Old West Museum, and Cheyenne Frontier Rodeo. I loved going there! The campers went shopping and if they had the money they probably could of bought out the WHOLE Frontier Days.

Wednesday we went to an air show with the Thunderbirds. It was pretty cool. Then we went to Chris and Ann Delay's grandparents' house. They feed use GOOD. We ate brats, huge carrots, rolls, onions, and desserts. The campers loved that too.

That night we stayed in North Platte, NE and then left Thursday morning to head back to camp. We arrived at camp about 8:30 pm/ct. Friday the campers left around noon. I really liked going to Cheyenne.

No comments: